- 10 Pakistani Actors Who Chose to Stay True to Their Roots: Refusing Bollywood Offers
- Bawaal Movie Review – An Ambitious Yet Flawed Attempt to Merge History and Romance
- The Titans of Indian Cinema: Top 10 Richest Actors Who Have Built Empires
- 10 Actresses Who Pushed Boundaries in Web Series: A Bold Showcase of Talent!
- Keerthy Suresh Set to Make Bollywood Debut, Reportedly Hikes Remuneration Fee!
(Last Updated On: July 21, 2023)“Bawaal” is a daring and ambitious attempt by Nitesh Tiwari to merge the unimaginable horrors of World War II and the Holocaust with a failing marriage narrative. The film strikes immediately with its audacious premise of contextualizing historical tragedies within a mainstream Bollywood romance. Hitler and Auschwitz are used as metaphors for human greed and suffering, respectively, making for an uncomfortable and controversial combination.The story revolves around Ajay ‘Ajju’ Dixit, played convincingly by Varun Dhawan, a self-absorbed man obsessed with his public image. His wife, Nisha, portrayed by Janhvi Kapoor, is an intelligent woman who grapples with epilepsy. Ajju’s fabricated persona is threatened when he slaps a student, leading to his temporary suspension from his job as a history teacher. In an attempt to restore his image and reconnect with his wife, he devises a puzzling plan to travel to European locations affected by World War II and teach his students about the tragedy.